Thursday, January 1, 2009

Resolution Made, Resolution Broken

Happy New Year!!!

... and on that topic ... my new year's resolution was doomed right from the start. After shooting at 1600 ISO for nearly every assignment I've had at The Gazette, I decided I would pledge to never again (unless I had absolutely no choice) shoot with 1600 ISO. So, you know where this one's going right? Here I am, day 1, and I'm stuck shooting inside a badly lit sports bar. I've got the flash powered up, my camera set to shoot RAW and, yep, my ISO sitting right at 1600! :( Even with these setting I'm down to 2.8 at 100 trying to capture people screaming and shouting as the University of Iowa competes at the Outback Bowl. Grain, Grain, Grain, Grain and Even More Grain! Still... this girl was really getting into the game and despite the grain, you can see the intensity in her eyes. Not too crazy about the shot, wish she was sitting up a little higher... but resolution #2 - pay more attention to the "fun" side of life, compelled me to share the moment.

1 comment:

brYan said...

i love the illustration (previous post) great job. this moment is nice too, btw - are you in Midland yet? for the record i like your second resolution much better than the first.