Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2 Day Dinner: Day1

Today I embark on a new adventure, an all-out, sweat on the forehead, foray into the world of cooking. We’re not talking about the paltry task of whipping up some Mac ‘N Cheese. No, this adventure will take me to a very different, dangerous place – the land of homemade spinach dumplings and tomato sauce (for some reason, every time I write tomato I want to add an “e” – like I’m about to add Tom’s Toe to the recipe). There will be tears, there will be drama and in the end, if the stars are aligned, and luck lends its hand, there will be an amazing dinner.

With instructions like: simmer for 1 hour, let sit for 24 hours and finely chop the basil (okay, so the last may only be a challenge for me) I bite my lower lip and set out to cook. Let’s see here, let the sauce simmer for an hour… What?! An hour?! Won’t that burn a hole in the pan? Well, we’ll see – the sauce has been under low heat now for… exactly… 10 minutes.

The spinach dumplings have been mixed and are now resting peacefully in the fridge, where they will remain for at least 24 hours.

(just took a taste of the tomato(e) sauce -- Yummy!)

No comments: