Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Babies, Babies, Everywhere!

Since coming back home, I have learned many many things... about babies!  Old friends from high school carry these small people on their hips like I carry my cameras.  Family members spend hours talking about the complexities of sleep patterns and growth rates.  At times these conversations even turn bloody and focus in on pregnancy issues.  Ugh!

In the midst of these "talks" I move my eyes from side to side, desperately seeking someone with whom I can share a "What the f***" glance.  I find myself asking questions like: "Is he supposed to be making those noises?" and "Are you serious??!! ... Really??  That can't be right!"   My Red Cross baby sitting class never prepared me for the infamous "baby discussions." But... to be fair to my new cousins (the photos are of my cousin's baby, Aiden) and my new nephew... they can be cute.  (when they're not screaming or throwing up or smelly)  :-)


1 comment:

brYan said...

there is no class in the world that can prepare you for those discussions. i remember rolling my eyes when i'd get stuck in a group of parents talking about their kids ... and now i'm one of those parents tracking time in months not years and talking about poopy - "was it a peanut butter poopy or a rabbit poopy" - oh yeah, I'm the life of the party now!