Saturday, January 22, 2011

Finally Fog!

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I give you...
FOG! (finally)

It's 10:00 am and I just came in to dump my card and recharge my batteries.  Within the hour, I'll be heading back out to do my pond and sky time-lapse.  Yipppeee!!
 
 An oak tree stands alone, isolated by thick fog, in the middle of a field off of Comstock Rd in Linden, Calif.  My recent fog obsession is credited to this amazing tree.  Every morning, I woke up thinking about this picture.  I love the tone and the simplicity of this image.  My one critic - the sun is rising to the left, disrupting the evenly diffused light.  If I choose to print this picture, I need to work from the RAW file to control the highlights - my computer screen forgives more than a piece of paper.



Early in the morning, a white crane flies through a foggy orchard off of Comstock Rd in Linden, Calif.  These are beautiful birds - but they're a bit camera shy.  White on white is never easy, so I'm especially proud of how this image turned out.  I really enjoy the branches in the foreground and that I caught the bird flying.  I had to crop this in quite a bit so unfortunately, the image will not print well.  It's still pretty though.
 


A funny thing happened when I used the keyboard short-cut to resize this image... I inverted it... and I think it looks really interesting!  :) 

No comments: