Saturday, January 8, 2011

Forecast said Fog...

For the last week, I've been driving into work at 7am through a blanket of fog.  Over and over I told myself I'd be out with my camera on the weekend to capture the images I saw on my way to my tiny cubicle.

The forecast said fog... but what I got was just a light mist.  :(  Oy!
I'm coming back here when I have a cloudy sky to do a time lapse.  Can you see it?  Picture it this way - the sky is a deep blue littered with chubby white clouds, the land is a brighter green and I stop down the aperture so more of the image is in focus.  It will be like a tiny strip of land sandwiched between moving clouds!  I'm so excited to get started!

I'm posting this as an example of how important speed is to a photographer.  Right before I pressed the shutter release, there was a beautiful hawk sitting here.  It would have been awesome... alas, I was not fast enough.  

Tilted horizon + low POV = a fun picture!  If I had the fog I was looking for, or a different sky, I think this picture would have been much better.  I still like it though. :)  

No comments: