Monday, December 17, 2007

Oh! What a week!

What a crazy week! Today snow is covering Monroe county. On Monday I had to feature hunt for photos to run later that day in the paper. As always, when I need to shoot something and have no clue where to begin -- I panic. But -- after 15 minutes of driving around and finding nothing, (it was about 7:50am! - even the sun was still asleep) I stumbled upon these two. The little boy was home from school due to the weather. While his grandmother tried to shovel their driveway, he insisted on playing with snowballs!

This week I also shot at the local community college. It felt really weird being at a college and not being a student - for a moment I wanted to run out of there. I had to give myself a lecture in the bathroom - tell myself I was being stupid. Guess I just miss being one of the kids. This kid didn't make it any easier for me - he really didn't want his picture taken - especially not around his classmates. So, I improvised and took him to the library... fyi - the story is about how he's the first international student to graduate from the college.
Bedford, MI really takes wrestling seriously. During their final tournament they used a spot light on the mat. It made the photos really interesting and the shooting a challenge.
Doesn't this guy rock?!! It was freakin' freezing out - my face went so numb I had a weird accent when I talked! The event was "Wreaths Across America" - a program where current and retired military members put wreaths on monuments. This guy was amazing! No pun intended - but he was a real trooper! :-)

Is it just me or does anyone else think that it can't possibly be 8 days till Christmas! Seriously??!! Dude - we just barely had Thanksgiving! Anyway - I'm still working on my story about Monroe's Mayor and I'm headed out now to photograph his last city council meeting - wish me luck!

No comments: