Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pages from the Past

I finished my scanning project. It took longer than I thought and, honestly, I don't want to scan another image for at least a year! :) Despite the scanner issues and wrestling with 30 year old sticky plastic album pages, I kinda liked being the person who preserved these images for another generation. A word of advise though - always write down the person's name and info on the back of the photo, and NEVER EVER use any kind of tape in a photo album - some pearls of wisdom from someone who spent hours trying to peal tape from photos and compare faces to figure out names. :)



There's something incredibly charming about old photographs - their hazy image quality, yellow tint and completely out of focus faces unknowingly telling a story. I watched time speed by every time I turned the photo album pages. I think I learned a thing or two looking at all those faces. Even though the clothes and hair styles changed, it seemed like I was watching the same life playing over and over again. These are some of my favorites...





No comments: