Saturday, August 9, 2008

Iowa!

After two days of travel - flying across the country and driving through endless cornfields - I've arrived in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Much of the city has a worn, functional feel to it. There's very little about this place I'd call "decorative."

Two hours ago the sky was a big beautiful blue - in just a few minutes, storm clouds came in and its been pouring ever since. I can't believe how fast the weather changed!!! My new neighbors probably thought I was insane staring up and the sky, shaking my head in disbelief. Can you believe these storms clouds?!! And in August too!!!



So - here's a bit of Iowa. This is a wildflower I discovered during my walk yesterday. I put it in an over-sized vase and completely forgot to water it -- hehe.... :) I kinda like the feel of this photo.



Monday's my first day at the Gazette. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda! You don't know me, but I was chatting with your mom on Saturday morning and well....moms can't help it, as much as we try to restrain ourselves, we always end-up talking about our kids :-). She gave me your card and so I looked-up your web site this afternoon. I love the still shots, 'had so many "favorites" I couldn't pick just one if someone was to ask. Good luck in Iowa, may you find lots & lots of adventures, and I can't wait to see more of your work in the future.
--Cherie

Anonymous said...

its meeee again!! hee hee.. so this is another place to stalk you haha just kidding!! i love the storm clouds!! i wish the weather was like that all the time!! very cool!! hurry up and post more, i wanna seeeee :)
*kandice