Saturday, October 4, 2008

Silent City

This is a project that's all my own - it won't be published anywhere but here. Since I've been in Cedar Rapids, I've really missed using my own equipment to capture images - the cameras I use for work feel awkward, really dull, and the computer is horrible. So, on my days off I would grab my wonderful 5D and my 14mm lens and just drive to a spot and walk around. It was like spending an afternoon with an old friend, a welcome feeling here in this place where I really don't know anyone. There aren't any people in the photos and most are full frame. My goal was to show the devastating flood damage and my own isolation. So here it is... my work so far...

"Silent City" - an outsiders look at a devastated city

1 comment:

kim said...

Amanda,
This is awesome!! These pictures are all so moody and evocative - you can FEEL the devastation and sense of loss - great job!
kim